This year's Earth Hour will be 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm on March 19th. The World Wildlife Fund is marketing Earth Hour through traditional media (such as print magazine ads and YouTube-ready commercials), combined with integrated social media marketing for earned media.
Social media activities include:
- Tumblr posts with striking images and hashtags ready for sharing, such as #ChangeClimateChange.
- Facebook posts (1 million likes) with hashtags like #WorldWildlife
- Instagram images (30k followers) of flora and fauna and people participating in activities to protect the planet.
- Twitter posts (145k followers) with hashtags like #EarthHour
- Pinterest pins with many of the same colorful images that celebrate natural beauty and inspire participation in Earth Hour