|Virtual trade show|
Marketing Profs recently ran an insightful article summarizing why businesspeople attend trade shows. The top reason, of course, is to see what's new. Here are the main reasons, from most cited to least cited:
- See new goods and services.
- Collect information for planning purposes.
- Gather ideas on near-term trends and changes for decision-makers to consider.
- Meet with experts.
- Meet with people who can "make things happen."
- Meet people with common interests.
- See friends and travel to interesting places.
- Dow Corning has an always-open virtual trade show featuring its solar products.
- The virtual trade show of the Southern United States Trade Association presents website 'booths' showing specialty foods produced in the South.
- The 90-day Lighting & Interiors Today virtual exhibition features individual booths with up to 20 products on display.