4. Whole Foods Markets
1-D, 2-C, 3-A, 4-B, 5-E
- Dell's gross profit margin (computers, electronics) is a bit over 21%.
- Whole Foods Markets (food retailing) enjoys gross profit margins of more than 30%.
- Mattel's margin (toys) is a little over 50%.
- Tiffany's (jewelry) margins are higher than 57%.
- Rovio's gross margin is so high because the Angry Birds parent company gets 30% of its $100 million in annual revenues from licensing and the rest mainly from game downloads. Looking ahead, can Rovio prove it's not a one-hit wonder?